Bar Inspection Systems
5200 series bar inspection systems from SDI range from small lab scanner based units inspecting bars weighing 20-200 lbs to large Multi zone systems for bars over 16,000lbs. SDI produces a range of bar inspection software modules with bar encoded or software de-skewed data. Adjustable rotators are available for tapered and multi-diameter bars.
The motion control includes rotary indexing, helical scanning and 'bread slicing'. Data analysis includes C-scan reconstruction with bar diameter compensation, and return to position 'tagged' in the data file. All components/modules used in our bar inspection systems are designed and manufactured in-house by SDI in our Camarillo, California facility.
Recent Bar Inspection System Projects
The system specifications presented on our website are for a typical UT bar system and are presented for informational purposes only. The details of a specific system may differ significantly due to specific needs and customer requirements. SDI provide a comprehensive training program including 5 days training of personnel in the operation and routine maintenance of this equipment.
Acquisition / Analysis
All systems are supplied with the latest SDI-WinScan multi-tasking acquisition and analysis package designed for high throughput production applications. A technical description of the features and benefits of this high performance industrial package is attached. Some of the key features are:
- High-speed pan and zoom through entire data file
- High speed, high quality 1:1 plotting of all or selected areas of the data file
- Scan comments stored with the data file
- Multi-channel operation
- True multi-tasking to allow scanning, plotting and viewing of stored files to be performed simultaneously without a reduction in speed
- Numerous analysis features such as histograms, in dB and linear scales, cluster analysis
- providing automatic defect identification, image smoothing and filtering with operator defined kernels
- Full Waveform Capture with B-Scan
Another time saving feature of the fully integrated motion control and data acquisition package is the ability to perform mini-scans. Areas of interest can be tagged on the data file and the system will automatically drive back to them and re-scan the area using selected defect evaluation scan parameters such as full waveform capture.