Horizontal Flat Scanner Systems
These rugged horizontal squirter systems are targeted at high volume production inspection of substantially flat components. Fabricated entirely in-house at SDI, the mechanics are designed for ease of maintenance, minimal downtime, and low cost of ownership. The tensioned wire component support fixtures allows rapid load and unload of parts.
The systems uses the advanced SDI-1830 PC based, motion control and WinScan acquisition packages developed by SDI. Programmable shapes can be scanned increasing throughput by minimizing over scan on irregular shaped parts.
Recent Horizontal Flat Scanner System Projects
The system specifications presented on our website are for a typical UT horizontal flat scanner system and are presented for informational purposes only. The details of a specific system may differ significantly due to specific needs and customer requirements. SDI provide a comprehensive training program including 5 days training of personnel in the operation and routine maintenance of this equipment.
Acquisition / Analysis
All systems are supplied with the latest SDI-WinScan multi-tasking acquisition and analysis package designed for high throughput production applications. A technical description of the features and benefits of this high performance industrial package is attached. Some of the key features are:
- High-speed pan and zoom through entire data file
- High speed, high quality 1:1 plotting of all or selected areas of the data file
- Scan comments stored with the data file
- Multi-channel operation
- True multi-tasking to allow scanning, plotting and viewing of stored files to be performed simultaneously without a reduction in speed
- Numerous analysis features such as histograms, in dB and linear scales, cluster analysis
- providing automatic defect identification, image smoothing and filtering with operator defined kernels
- Full Waveform Capture with B-Scan
Another time saving feature of the fully integrated motion control and data acquisition package is the ability to perform mini-scans. Areas of interest can be tagged on the data file and the system will automatically drive back to them and re-scan the area using selected defect evaluation scan parameters such as full waveform capture.