UT full feature high performance 3D curve scanning tower systems from Structural Diagnostics Inc. are designed for incorporation into airframe Lean Manufacturing environments. These systems incorporate all the features of a large scale fixed gantry system such as the SDI-5410, into a relocatable unit.
The motion control, data acquisition and instrumentation components can be installed in a system control room, or operated from a shop floor console. The system is based on modules widely used in SDI's product range.
These tower systems are designed to inspect a complete range of part geometries, such as aircraft control surfaces, wings, doors etc in addition to highly contoured fuselage and cabin components and are based on modules widely used in SDI's product range.
Recent Tower System Projects
The system specifications presented on our website are for a typical UT tower system and are presented for informational purposes only. The details of a specific system may differ significantly due to specific needs and customer requirements. SDI provide a comprehensive training program including 5 days training of personnel in the operation and routine maintenance of this equipment.
Acquisition / Analysis
All systems are supplied with the latest SDI-WinScan multi-tasking acquisition and analysis package designed for high throughput production applications. A technical description of the features and benefits of this high performance industrial package is attached. Some of the key features are:
- High-speed pan and zoom through entire data file
- High speed, high quality 1:1 plotting of all or selected areas of the data file
- Scan comments stored with the data file
- Multi-channel operation
- True multi-tasking to allow scanning, plotting and viewing of stored files to be performed simultaneously without a reduction in speed
- Numerous analysis features such as histograms, in dB and linear scales, cluster analysis
- providing automatic defect identification, image smoothing and filtering with operator defined kernels
- Full Waveform Capture with B-Scan
Another time saving feature of the fully integrated motion control and data acquisition package is the ability to perform mini-scans. Areas of interest can be tagged on the data file and the system will automatically drive back to them and re-scan the area using selected defect evaluation scan parameters such as full waveform capture.