The SDI-5810 is a seven axis high performance UT static gantry systems designed for the inspection of large circular airframe components such as engine nacelles. The seven axis design provides a lower cost system for components which have curvature in the YZ plane only.
These systems can be operated in English or Metric units simplifying inspection of components from a variety of sources. These systems can be enhanced for parts which are not circular by extending the gantry and adding X axis motion and are based on modules widely used in SDI's product range.
Recent Turntable System Projects
The system specifications presented on our website are for a typical UT turntable system and are presented for informational purposes only. The details of a specific system may differ significantly due to specific needs and customer requirements. SDI provide a comprehensive training program including 5 days training of personnel in the operation and routine maintenance of this equipment.
Acquisition / Analysis
All systems are supplied with the latest SDI-WinScan multi-tasking acquisition and analysis package designed for high throughput production applications. A technical description of the features and benefits of this high performance industrial package is attached. Some of the key features are:
- High-speed pan and zoom through entire data file
- High speed, high quality 1:1 plotting of all or selected areas of the data file
- Scan comments stored with the data file
- Multi-channel operation
- True multi-tasking to allow scanning, plotting and viewing of stored files to be performed simultaneously without a reduction in speed
- Numerous analysis features such as histograms, in dB and linear scales, cluster analysis
- providing automatic defect identification, image smoothing and filtering with operator defined kernels
- Full Waveform Capture with B-Scan
Another time saving feature of the fully integrated motion control and data acquisition package is the ability to perform mini-scans. Areas of interest can be tagged on the data file and the system will automatically drive back to them and re-scan the area using selected defect evaluation scan parameters such as full waveform capture.