Large Tank/Turntable Systems
Heavy duty, full featured, inspection systems for large production components. Consisting of a separate gantry and tank with optional dual manipulators. Available with heavy duty SDI-1325 turntable and lift platform.
The heavy welded box section frame has an extensively reinforced base for support of turntables and rotators. The systems is supplied with an advanced PC based, contour following, motion control and acquisition package.
Linear axes use precision rack and pinion drives providing high speed scanning. Standard lift platforms and turntables are available for loads up to 7000lbs. Custom systems can be produced for larger loads.
All components/modules used in our UT gantry systems are designed and manufactured in-house by SDI in our Camarillo, California facility.
Recent Large Tank/Turntable System Projects
The system specifications presented on our website are for a typical UT large tank/turntable system and are presented for informational purposes only. The details of a specific system may differ significantly due to specific needs and customer requirements. SDI provide a comprehensive training program including 5 days training of personnel in the operation and routine maintenance of this equipment.
Acquisition / Analysis
All systems are supplied with the latest SDI-WinScan multi-tasking acquisition and analysis package designed for high throughput production applications. A technical description of the features and benefits of this high performance industrial package is attached. Some of the key features are:
- High-speed pan and zoom through entire data file
- High speed, high quality 1:1 plotting of all or selected areas of the data file
- Scan comments stored with the data file
- Multi-channel operation
- True multi-tasking to allow scanning, plotting and viewing of stored files to be performed simultaneously without a reduction in speed
- Numerous analysis features such as histograms, in dB and linear scales, cluster analysis
- providing automatic defect identification, image smoothing and filtering with operator defined kernels
- Full Waveform Capture with B-Scan
Another time saving feature of the fully integrated motion control and data acquisition package is the ability to perform mini-scans. Areas of interest can be tagged on the data file and the system will automatically drive back to them and re-scan the area using selected defect evaluation scan parameters such as full waveform capture.